Visiting a Club Med resort soon? Across our resorts in the Caribbean, Mexico and Florida, we have implemented health & hygiene protocols to ensure your total piece of mind during your stay with us. To create our ‘Safe Together’ promise, we worked alongside government agencies, advisors and a committee of doctors and professors within the scientific community to implement measures to ensure the highest Hygiene and Safety standards to take care of you and your loved ones. Our teams both in and out of our Resorts are here to ensure your safety is our number one priority.
Safe Together - The Club Med Hygiene & Safety Measures
- Certification Program by International Safety Audit Agency - Cristal, including new POSICheck COVID-19 Prevention Certification
- All protocols have been adapted to meet or exceed local regulations and are subject to modification as regulations change
The following resorts have already received the POSICheck COVID-19 Prevention Certification:
As an addition to our Safe Together mission, implementing enhanced safety and hygiene measures in our resorts, we are modifying our Emergency Assistance Program to provide all guests traveling before December 31, 2022 with additional coverage for COVID-19 related emergency medical expenses during their stay.^
Vacation with more peace of mind at Club Med's spacious all-inclusive resorts. Surrounded by nature, spread across an average of 50 acres, operating at limited capacity, and featuring three story buildings (max.) no higher than the surrounding palm trees. Our resorts offer a safe environment to relax and unwind. Airy outdoor areas, al fresco restaurants and bars, sprawling beaches, and endless outdoor activities allow you to disconnect and enjoy quality family time, all in paradise.
Club Med has implemented enhanced safety and hygiene measures as part of our Safe Together protocols. We require that you follow all government regulations and Club Med rules during your stay, for your safety and the safety of other guests and staff. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By deciding to travel, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
^Terms & Conditions - Medical Assistance - Coverage COVID-19: If you book in the USA, you are automatically covered in case of COVID-19 by EUROP Assistance worldwide, in agreement with medical decisions of Europ Assistance and under the terms and conditions of the insurance policy. This coverage is valid for travels between July 1st and December 21, 2022.
What is covered?
- In case of sickness related to COVID-19, all healthcare expenses during your stay are covered: medical expenses in case of hospitalization, medical visit, COVID-19 Test, transportation cost to the laboratory in order to administrate the test.
- In case of hospitalization, coverage will also apply for: housing cost for companion, accompaniment of children. Medical evacuation if the situation requires it.
- In case of quarantine: the assistance center will organize housing along with the Resort and the health personnel.
- If the G.M missed their intended flight: the assistance center will take charge and organize a new return flight following the sanitary requirements established by the health team.
What is not covered by the program?
Consequences of global COVID situations in the country where the resort is located, such as:
- Border lockdown: per region/ per city/ airport closure/ flight cancelation/ Resort closure…
- Interruption of stay: following the declaration of State of Emergency
- Quarantine: at the destination without being sick.
A certificate of insurance confirming coverage of medical expenses in case of sickness including COVID-19 can be provided upon request in order to enter a country or to obtain a travel visa. Please note that from July 1st, the certificate of insurance is requested by: French Polynesia, Israel, Ukraine, Lebanon, Cambodia, Turks & Caicos.
This Assistance Agreement constitutes the general conditions of the contract concluded between EUROP ASSISTANCE, a business governed by the Insurance Code, and CLUB MED SALES, on behalf of its clients. It specifies the content of and the limits on the services to be provided by EUROP ASSISTANCE for CLUB MED SALES clients. The Assistance is provided by EUROP ASSISTANCE, and not by Club Med®. Any enrollment in Club Med®, or through the intermediary of a travel agent, makes the G.M® eligible for EUROP ASSISTANCE services, which cover assistance for persons.
Applicable only to US members (G.Ms®) who are US residents and have booked and paid for their trip in the US. This coverage supercedes any previously existing coverage and is subject to change without notice. A complete description of coverage is available upon request with Club Med Sales Inc., and also in the Basic Insurance document you will receive by electronic mail before departure if you made a reservation. Call your Travel Agent or our Club Med call center for more details.
The information contained herein is based upon recommendations currently available from various government agencies, advisors and other consultants. It is subject to change and modification at any time. Protocols may vary slightly in each resort due to local regulations and guidelines and will be updated as we learn more. As always, we recommend that all guests consult their own medical advisors and review governmental travel and health sites in order to take decisions about any personal precautions each guest may wish to take.